Add unmaximize window function

• Feature Description:

A window’s maximization state is a toggle. When a window is maximized, the maximize button always changes to an unmaximize icon. When unmaximizing, the window is floated again and its previous size is restored.

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].

This is mid-impact.

• What is your current pain point?

We can’t provide the appropriate toggle on our button without manually tracking the previous floating size and then restoring that. I believe that OW windows API is incomplete, since it contains the maximize function, but not the corollary unmaximize function.

• What do you have in mind to solve it?

Please add overwolf.windows.unmaximize, following the same form as overwolf.windows.maximize. Developers implementing their own title bar should be expected to change the maximization icon, depending on the state of the window. This is how native windows work.

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

Could window.restore() do what you are looking for?

Perhaps. Based on the docs, restore is only used for restoring minimized and hidden windows.

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, Usually, it takes a few days.

We will update you here.

Thanks.

@jeaye like @sebastientromp mentioned, windows.restore() is doing that already - which means if the window is maximized, and you are calling restore(), it restores the window to the previous size/position.

I will add this info to the doc. thanks!

1 Like