[Apex Legends] Additional game events and info updates

1. The current game phase / scene / screen (requested earlier Add "phase" info update for Apex Legends).
  2. The game mode (Trios, Duos, Training, Firing Range, etc.).
  3. Ranked or unranked.
  4. The map name.
  5. The current ring number and stages (for example, closing in progress).

Also, would be really useful if we could get events when a local player uses a legend ability.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please tell me some more info, like which app is that, what is the priorities here, what is a must-have and what is nice to have.

Hi,

That’s for Apex Legends Tracker.

High priority: game phase/scene, game mode, map name, ranked/unranked.

Middle priority:used legend abilities.

Low priority: ring numbers.

1 Like

@surgeon

Ok. We will discuss the matter internally, and then we’ll make a decision.

Usually, it takes a few days. We will update you here.

Thanks.

@surgeon I created Feature requests for all the above. It will take some time to implement everything, but we will start to push forward the high priority requests. Please be in touch with your account manager (Aviram).Thanks

Hi @eransharv,

Is there a way to set much higher priority for the first request? Specifically, we need to know when the loading starts, this is the most important event we need right now, as soon as possible. This event must be fired always before roster_XX. You can ignore other requested stages/scenes if you can give us loading.

We have to rely on other events because we do not know when the loading starts. This moment is extremely important for us because this is when a lot of actions are happening in the app (showing ads, switching windows, removing old data, fetching stats, and more).

We’ve been using a workaround for two years already but it never works the way we expect. At the moment, it does not work at all for two weeks already and there is no way for us to fix it. The app constantly stops tracking stats, ads appear randomly on the screen, wrong windows are opened/minimized. We can fix all of it only if you add a new event for us.

Thank you.

Hey @surgeon,

I will discuss it with the team and let you know.

Thanks.

Any updates or ETA? Arenas are completely broken for us until we get this new event (the app keeps getting new players forever), BR works fine until you are lucky enough and receive one specific event we use in our workaround (otherwise, broken too). It is a global issue and we would like to fix it as soon as we can.

We added this feature request to our backlog.
The current ETA is Jan 22.
Thank you so much for being so patient.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.

Hey, any updates?

Any updates please?

Any updates?

Can we please have an update?

@surgeon @xorth Hey guys, as I’m sure you’re aware game_mode info has existed for a while now. As such, it can also be used to detect if a match is ranked.

Last week we released GEP version 215.2.1 which adds new features including phase info and map ids (the corresponding map names can be found here).

Regarding ring number and stages, because this is a very old ticket I am going to close it for now. If you still require this feature please open a new ticket, preferably on our new discord forums :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.