Apex Legends: damage events are inconsistent

Issue Description:
For some (seemingly random) matches, damage events are never sent (despite the player dealing damage). In matches where damage events are sent, the sum of the events’ damageAmounts are always less than the reported damage done by tabs and the game itself.
For example, in a match where the game and tabs show 194 damage dealt, adding up the damageAmounts from damage events results in a sum of 166. Where is the missing 28 damage?

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Not sure how to reproduce it, it seems to happen for random games.
Impact for my app: Limits the ability for my app to show detailed statistics since the damage events are unreliable.
Do you currently have a workaround? No, I don’t know of another way to get the damage information.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hey @DanielSmith1239 ,

When it comes to Apex, our damage events are pretty accurate, especially when it comes to tabs because it registers every individual damage ticking that is performed. We also have the cumulative amount as totalDamageDealt that shows all the damage performed which is added up.

I have on many occasion recorded a video of my session and compared it to our logs and events and it’s very possible to find every piece of data frame by frame.

If you can maybe send us your logs with a video of an instance when this is happening for you it might assist us in debugging a more specific problem.

1 Like

Never mind, I think the problem was on my end. thanks anyways.

With your permission, I will go ahead and close the issue.

Thanks.

That should be fine, thanks.