[Apex Legends] Return player UID in events

Related Games: Apex Legends

• Feature Description:
    For each event returning a player name, also include the player UID. Since the game released on Steam, player names are no longer unique. That makes it almost impossible to query a Steam player name through the game API which only allows either UIDs or Origin names. Being able to use the player UID would solve this problem, as any feature requiring external API calls for a player are not possible to implement at the moment.

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
    High

• What is your current pain point?
    There is currently no way of getting the player UID instead of his name.

• What do you have in mind to solve it?
    Add the player UID when a player name is returned.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.
It might take up to a few days.

Thanks.

Hi @HugoApex,

We added this feature request to our backlog.
We don’t have an ETA, though, which can take some time to implement and release. Thank you for your patience.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Is there any ETA now ? it’s been 1 month

@flo025 Hey,

Usually, feature requests take some time to develop (not like bugs that are usually solved fast).
I will ask internally to re-estimate the priority of this request.

Thanks

Hi, is there any update on this feature now? We are having the same problem with our app.
We would like to have a UID to distinguish the player account and automatically merge the player’s match history when he changes his nickname, and when he changes his account, it can be isolated from his previous records.
Looking forward to the implementation and release of this feature! it’s very helpful for our app.

1 Like

Hey, is there any ETA on this feature ?

Is there any ETA now ?

hey guys did something happen here? The app I want to make does not work at all if I do not have the uid. Would be happy about feedback!

Hi!
The team is looking into it, and will hopefully have an ETA soon. However, we are also currently on a holiday until the 17th, so it might take a while until we have any more news.

1 Like

Hey Guys, i’ve looked into your roadmap from your latest developer newsletter. There you write for Apex Legends:

“* Add steamId to roster”

In the case you do that because of that post here: it’s not right/enough. What we need ist the UID every apex player has. Since Apex is available on multiple plattforms we can’t identify an account clearly. The problem persists if we get the steamID only.

thank you very much

@HugoApex @flo025 @shenjing @bombig.net Hello guys, last week we added platform ID (AKA UID) to the roster. To clarify, if a user is playing on steam, their ID will be the user’s steam ID. If the user is playing on origin, the EA app or on consoles they will have a unique ID related to that platform.

Currently we do not have an ETA for when we will add these IDs to other events and info that contain player names, we will update you here.

1 Like