Apex Legends: Space added to beginning of player name in some events

Related Games: Apex Legends
Issue Description: For some events (including kill_feed and legendSelect), there is a whitespace character prefixing player names when they don’t have a clan tag.
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Issue is consistent in all matches I’ve investigated.
Impact for my app: Minimal (relatively easy workaround)
Do you currently have a workaround? I just trim any prefixing whitespace in the player names.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hey,

Can you please provide a screenshot or a line from your log representing this please?

Appreciate the help Daniel,

What I need now actually is a video of one of these players that you encounter when you play (preferably catch their name in the kill-feed or while receiving / granting a knockout).

We just need to determine whether this is a JS or plugin problem.

Here is a link to the gameplay footage: Apex Legends 2021 07 13 12 34 08 03 - YouTube

Here is a pastebin of the game’s kill_feed logs: https://pastebin.com/fMApkR9h

The issue is present in other events as well, including (but not limited to) legendSelect events.

Which player in this video is the one with the spacebar? can you direct me a bit?

The bug can be seen in the pastebin, for many players. Some examples are:

• Line 1: GreasyPileOfMeat
  • Line 2: Raccoochie
  • Line 7: imnosuperman87
  • Line 8: Al0haDani
  • Line 9: Raccoochie

It can be seen for any attackerName and victimName where the attacker/victim are not in clans (aka they don’t have a clan tag surrounded by brackets).

In the video you can see the players from the pastebin in the killfeed.

Thanks for the help and the information.

We opened a bug for this and will fix it in the near future.
Will try to keep you updated when the fix is released.

1 Like