Can't change size on maximized window

Issue Description:

When a window is maximized, overwolf.windows.changeSize doesnt change the window size but it returns “success”.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

Maximize the window via overwolf.windows.maximize (clicking on the maximize button, for example)
Click again on the maximize button, check for the window state, if stateEx = “maximized” call the changeSize with declared window (useDefaultSizeAndLocation: true) height and width. The changeSize call return success but the window doesnt change size.

(basically i want to have the same behaviour of a normal Windows window when clicking on the maximize button when the window is already maximized)

Impact for my app: [e.g. x% of the users complained about it, it’s a show-stopper]: low

Do you currently have a workaround?
no

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logsOverwolfLogs_2020-12-03_21-53-04.zip (490.0 KB)

@dowmeister Hi,

If you want to have a “normal” window behaviour, you can just call restore on the window, if the user clicks maximizes while already maximized. Please take a look on our sample app.Thanks

sample_app.opk (177.6 KB)

1 Like

oh that’s great! worked perfectly!
Thanks Eran, this is really helpful and should be clarified on the docs because i don’t think it really easy to understand

Actually, I already added in the past some notes about it:

In the restore() docs:

And on the Maximize() docs:

Thanks

sorry, didnt found them while trying to make the restore work.