Capture MouseWheel Input

• Feature Description: CTRL+MouseWheelUp and CTRL+MouseWheelDown as supported hotkey.
  • impact for my app: [high].
  • What is your current pain point? My old app supported this hotkey which quickly become a user favorite for certain actions. Migrated users are now complaining that this hotkey is missing.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it? Either with MouseWheel hotkey support or a new onMouseWheel event which captures the input globally without having a Overwolf window focused.

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

regarding the hotkey - you mentioned that your “old app” supported this hotkey. Do you mean a previous version of your Overwolf app? which version? as i don’t remember that we ever supported in hotkeys+Mouse wheel combinations.

I’m was referencing to my old Electron app which i’m currently migrating to Overwolf.

@Kyusung4698, I understand. Unfortunately, currently adding this feature (supporting hotkey combination with the mouse wheel) is not in our roadmap. I can discuss that internally, but it’s a low priority, so it might take some time.

@Kyusung4698 this feature is aleady live. can you please verify that it’s working as expected?

I am closing the ticket even though we will be happy if you’ll confirm that it’s working for you.

The custom solution which was provided by Overwolf is working and was already published with a recent version of the App.

1 Like