- Feature Description:
Looking for the exact same functionality that currently exists when a user clicks to ‘Create logs zip’ through the overwolf support portal. However, for this to be available within our app, instead of a user doing it manually.
- impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
High for support team
- What is your current pain point?
I’m currently in the progress of developing a feature that will allow users to:
- generate their logs
- send their logs to an internal api
- parse their logs for critical information for our support team
- give the user a link for a support member to assist them.
The current issue is that a user has to send us their logs, which isn’t ideal for support team members to open unknown zips on their personal computers.
With this in place we no longer need the user to be a middle man, with a single button click in our app we can do all this, without the risk of malicious files from users.
Where I could manually do this myself by searching a users file system, it would be ideal for all logs to maintain the exact same format as the overwolf support zip for consistency.
- What do you have in mind to solve it?
Ideally this would be quite simple to implement from Overwolfs standpoint. what ever is done internally through the overwolf app, make this function public.
since the functionality already exists there shouldn’t be too much integration required.