Cursor doesn't go back to in-game cursor when moving mouse outside of game windowand back

@sebastientromp Hi, I want to escalate it to the R&D., But the original video is not working anymore… I guess it expired… can you upload it again (or reproduce and capture a new video?).

Currently, I can’t reproduce it and capture it, but I’m working on a different setup (laptop screen + external monitor). The only time that I reproduced it was when I tested it on two external monitors.

All the reports I have are from two-monitor setups, so maybe it only works in that case (the reproduction scenario I had was using a single monitor, but I still had several monitor on my PC).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch Hearthstone

2. Open the game’s settings and uncheck the ‘Fullscreen’ option

3. Open a window (could be a folder, for instance) and place it beside the game’s window:

4. Enter a Practice round in the game in order for Firestone’s windows to show up

5. Click anywhere in the folder window

6. Give it about 4 seconds (this is important), and move the cursor back to the game (you can either move it or click within the game, doesn’t matter)

7. Two things will happen:
    ** The dock will pop up
    ** The cursor will change into the overlay cursor and will not change into the game’s cursor when trying to click the game’s buttons

1 Like

Thanks for the details!

Have you also been able to reproduce it without using Firestone at all? For instance:

1. Deactivate / uninstall Firestone
  2. Once you’re in practice mode, right click on the OW icon in the system tray, and click on “packages”
  3. Click back on the game, and repeat from step 5

No, I disabled Firestone and I tried but couldn’t reproduce it with general OW windows.

1 Like

Do you have any updates on this?

I really like using Firestone and want to swap to it from [another deck tracker], but I have such a major issue that I’m having to revert for the moment. Completely arbitrarily, I can no longer click on my Hearthstone interface. I can hover over the Firestone overlay, but I cannot interact with the actual game in any way. Can’t click on cards, hero power, hover over, anything. It only started after installing Firestone, and when I disabled it for a couple of days it went away. Re-enabled it and it is doing it again. Sometimes I can make it through a match, sometimes it happens 3-4 times and I have to close HS and restart. Hoping someone can help me resolve this so I can start using it again!

@sebastientromp, sorry about the late response, but we are discussing it internally. I will update you ASAP and anyway in the next few days.

Thanks.

Have you still not fixed this issue? I mean come on…

@sebastientromp, Hi,

From several tests that we did today, we can see that the bug is fixed in version v0.165.0.28.
You can find this version on the latest developers channel.
We already started to phase this version to the public, so your users will get this fix shortly.

Please confirm that it’s not reproducible anymore on the latest dev channel.

From what I’ve seen so far, it looks ok :slight_smile:

Good job!

1 Like

Hi,
I am playing sons of the forest and I am having a problem where the cursor wont line up with the in game cursor. if I look around the cursor will go outside the gaming screen to my other screen and click off the game. I have tried windowed mode and full screen mode, I have uninstalled thunderstone and overwolf and reinstalled, if I play on steam everything is ok but if I use thunderstone then it bugs out.

Is there a fix for this or a setting im overlooking?

Thanks.

Hey there, I would love to look over your Overwolf logs.
Can you please upload them here?