Custom Scheme is not registered properly at fresh Overwolf installation

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): Trucky
Issue Description:

Custom scheme trucky:// is not configured properly after a fresh install of Overwolf.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

• Install Overwolf with Trucky for the first time in the system
  • Open Trucky
  • Complete the first configuration
  • Click on “Continue to Steam”
  • Login with Steam
  • The page, in the browser, will call the custom scheme trucky:// but it wont work and the page stuck to “you may close this windows and continue to Trucky”, nothing happens because the custom scheme is not registered

Impact for my app: [e.g. x% of the users complained about it, it’s a show-stopper] Show Stopper, the registration is the first critical step of the user experience at first app usage

Do you currently have a workaround?

Reinstalling Overwolf fix it.

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logs

Someone take care of this?

Is marked as show stopper. Users have issues completing the registration at first use which is the worst thing possible for a new user.

Hi.
We are looking into it, and will update you as it progresses.

So, we’re unable to reproduce this on our side.
Can you send a video/log of it happening?

I haven’t a video.

the custom scheme is not registered at first Overwolf installation, is what I know, and unfortunately i haven’t logs.
Users “resolved” this by their own, only the Overwolf reinstalled fixed it and they were so nice to report to us.

Then let us know if you manage to replicate it/obtain logs from users it happens to.
We will also update this ticket if we manage to find anything new about this issue!

Hey hello there, here is a log from one of the users

OverwolfLogs_2022-07-25_12-55-31.zip (122.2 KB)

@oded.itkin some feedback about this issue?

Hi!
From what we’re seeing now, it seems like the custom scheme might not be registering in some specific cases on the first launch. If it does register by the second launch and onwards (which it seems to do from the logs attached), it might be good to add some sort of check on it for now. It seems to be a machine-specific issue, we are still trying to see if we can reproduce it.

is not so much “machine specific” as it’s happening to many users.

is not so much “machine specific” as it’s happening to many users.

I say machine specific mostly because it is machine dependent. It definitely isn’t one or two users, but it also isn’t something we’re able to reproduce on our end, so it’s somewhat difficult to pinpoint.