Development tools: window size doesn't resize after changes in manifest.json

Issue Description:
i’m having yet issues changing window size from manifest. Maybe i’m misunderstanding thehttps://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/manifest-json#window-override_on_update works but, i’m changing the size of a window and also forcing a new version, but nothing change.

I’ve a strange situation in docking, tho, app is reported multiple times, see screenshot
Manifest configuration:

Steps to reproduce:

• Change window height size from manifest, from 600 to a evident wrong size, let’s say 200 > Reload app, window is 600
  • Change version, from 2.12.6 to 2.12.7 > Reload app, window is 600
  • Disable and re-Enable the app from packages window > window is still 600
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the app from load package > window is 200, finally

EndGameReportV2": {
“block_top_window_navigation”: true,
“popup_blocker”: true,
“mute”: true,
“file”: “build/EndGameReportV2.html”,
“transparent”: true,
“override_on_update”: true,
“size”: {
“width”: 700,
“height”: 300
}
},

Impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]: high, need to uninstall and reinstall app at every change
Do you currently have a workaround? Uninstall and reinstall app

OverwolfLogs_2020-09-12_15-21-30.zip (1.1 MB)

Checking and update. thanks.

I’m not sure how do you change the version and if the client “treats” it like an OW update, but before diving into that - have you tried to use useDefaultSizeAndLocation when you obtain the windows? I think that using it; you can avoid such issues.

Try to change the manifest sizes, and then add the useDefaultSizeAndLocation param to your calls for obtainDeclaredWindow.

no, i havent.

I should use useDefaultSizeAndLocation when opening all windows or only those ones no resizable?

And if the window has been resized, what happens?

@dowmeister using useDefaultSizeAndLocation is not a must. It is just one way to make sure that your windows will always open in the same size that you defined in the manifest as the default behavior is to “remember” the window’s last size before it closed.

Anyway, you can use it for all the windows that you want to adopt this behavior.

ok…
but honestly this is a workaround, dont like it really much…

So… it looks like we have a bug with override_on_update :unamused:
The above workaround is the only thing that I can think of right now.

Just use useDefaultSizeAndLocation wisely - as some user expect to get the size and position from their last session, and this param is overridden it.

We created a bug on the issue (override_on_update manifest flag is not working).
I’ll update once we release the fix.