Don't crash if the user didn't give overwolf admin priviledges

• Feature Description:
    I’ve quite often users reporting issue and when checking the logs, the issue is that those users didn’t give Overwolf admin priviledges (I’m not sure how this can happen as it’s the first thing asked when starting the installer, and the installer refuses to continue if this is not done, but anyway…)
    For instance: for this user: PorofessorLogs_20210313_135353.zip (106.3 KB)

2021-03-13 13:53:08,669 (ERROR) [10] <92.69MB> OverwolfHelpersProcesesManager - User has refused to allow Overwolf.exe admin privileges, or unable to launch OverwolfHelper :C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Overwolf\0.166.1.16\OverwolfHelper.exe

Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
The requested operation requires elevation
StackTrace:
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at OverWolf.Client.CommonUtils.ProcessHelper.Start(ProcessStartInfo info, Boolean isURI)
at OverWolf.Client.BL.Managers.OverwolfHelpersProcesesManager.launchOverwolfHelper(Boolean i_64Bit, Process& helperProcess)
Data:

When OW detects that this is the case, it should not “silently log an exception”, it should instead display a popup to the user giving him instructions about how to fix the issue
This would reduce the number of support requests I receive

• impact for my app: Low

• What is your current pain point? Too many support requests with that issue

Thanks !

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.
It might take up to a few days.

Thanks.

Hi,

We added the bug to our backlog. Currently, there is no ETA, but I will update you here once the fix is released.

Thanks.

Hey,
Any update here?