Dota 2 / Direct interactions with Game (push items, skills, buy list and chat messages)

• Feature Description: It would be great if my app (Dota Coach) could directly interact with the game. In particular the following would be great:

• App can buy items for the user (which would allow the user to buy items directly in the app)
    • App can upgrade skills for the user
    • App can add items to the user’s buy-list in the game
    • App can send messsage to the team chat (currently I’m using key strokes to send messages to the chat, but this can interrupt the gameplay, which is really bad in terms of user experience)
  • impact for my app: High. This would bring the user experience to the next level.

• What is your current pain point? The app is good, but not great. I see that League of Legends apps have such features (called “push items”) and this is really great. User experience would be much better with these features.

• What do you have in mind to solve it? Hopefully Overwolf can support here. Sergio recommended me to report these ideas through this channel. Let me know if there is anything you can do about it.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.
It might take up to a few days.

Thanks.

Hi,

We are cautious in adding these kinds of features (interactions with the game, automated actions, etc.). Usually, the game developers and the gamers community don’t like it too much.

Thanks for the understanding.