Exclusive window mode stopped working

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): PUBG Match Leaderboard
Issue Description: My application main window was always working in an exclusive mode, because it requires user mouse input. On March 26 I’ve got a first report from one of the users that there is no way to use the application. Like scroll through the players list, enter search texts, apply filters etc, because mouse cursor was not available.
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Yes, it is very easy to reproduce, just open the app main window ingame during airplane or one of the later phases.
Impact for my app: Users are complaining, it is a show stopper, because the app is almost unusable.
Do you currently have a workaround?: No workaround available for a current version.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

We were able to reproduce this issue internally and are fixing it for the upcoming 169 version.
Thanks!

I have found a workaround and posted it for the community. So we are covered for the current version of Overwolf. But still it would nice to have it fixed in the next update.

@Dmytro, can you please update if this bug is reproducible on the Developers channel 0.170?