File input does not support 'multiple'

input type=file always only lets you add a single file, not multiple.

Paired with the behaviour, that the file picker then opens on desktop, instead of the last opened location, makes it a real bad user experience if you want them to upload multiple files for example

@Colorfulstan currently there is no support in multiple file picker and also for the last used location.
I’m going to add a feature request that will solve one of the above issues.
(we might add multiple file support OR we will add an additional initialPath param to the openFilePicker(), to allow you implement the last used location by yourself).

I created an internal FR for adding support in multiple file picker.
no ETA. yet.

an update: on OW client v0.141 we added a new param initialPath, to the openFilePicker() API.

Closing the ticket.

Sorry, how does that adress the possibility to select multiple files?

@Colorfulstan that address just one of the issues that you raised…

Paired with the behavior, that the file picker then opens on desktop, instead of the last opened location, makes it a really bad user experience if you want them to upload multiple files for example

And regarding the multiple file picker, I already mentioned on May 19 that currently there are no plans to support in multiple file picker. The reason is that we prefer to wait and do it better, from scratch. But it will take some time.

Is this feature (multiple file picker) is critical for your app?

It is not critical, but was the original request of this ticket, while the opening location was an aside.
So I was confused why the ticket gets closed when it’s not addressed in the reason that you gave for closing it.

If you say you want tto close it to adress it later, that’s fine by me, just wasn’t clear.

@Colorfulstan sorry that I wasn’t clear enough, and thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

@Colorfulstan, we implemented the multiple files select in OW client v0.157 that can be found on the Developers channel.

overwolf.utils.openFilePicker - now accepts multiple selection of files. The selected files will be returned on the callback as an array

1 Like