[Fortnite] Events stop coming after reboot

Related Games: Fortnite

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):

Issue Description:

So basically I have two questions/issues, first one and most important one is that after player gets rebooted from reboot van, overwolfs kill events and some other overwolfs events stop coming, generic kill events still come, but those proved to be not as reliable, because sometimes there’s one more or one less than actual number of kills, but even if there was a way of 100% making it work, it still isn’t ideal that events stop coming after reboot.

Second part is that overwolfs kill events, in case of 2kill or 3kill, skip some numbers, for examples it goes from data: 4 to data: 6, that by itself is not that big of a deal, but my question is more if that’s intended behavior or bug? Because logically it would still go 4-5-6, but if it’s intended to skip so that app can also see it was an 2kill (even though there’s a separate event for that), that’s also fine.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

1. play fortnite squads/duos/trios - we were testing on squads
  2. die and bleed out
  3. wait for someone on your team to reboot you from reboot van, after that overwolf events stop coming (most notably kill event).

tested on our app and also on overwolf sample app

Impact for my app: Currently app is in development, but it’s pretty important feature for us.

Do you currently have a workaround? No, generic kills aren’t reliable enough to be sure that we captured correct number of kills player got.

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logs

Hey krtokonj, Thanks for the feedback.
We were able to reproduce this issue and added it to our backlog.
Currently we don’t have an ETA for a fix, I’ll update you here once it’s resolved.

Hello again @krtokonj,
I’m happy to report the reboot van kills issue has been fixed in the latest GEP version.
From my test only kill events stopped working after the reboot, do you have an example of any other events that stop working?

Regarding, your question about the kill events, the number of kills displayed in the event can sometimes jump from 5 to 7 for example.
This happens when the local player knocks down an enemy then kills the knocked down player’s teammate, resulting in the ingame kill count to go up by 2 and this the intended behaviour for the event as well.
Currently there’s a bug in this situation where the number of kills in the kills info update only goes up by 1, causing it to go out of sync. It’ll be fixed separately at a later point.

Hey,

thanks for fast response, when I think about it maybe it was just kill event, I mean that’s the only one we were tracking, not sure if we got hit events later because we weren’t checking those too carefully, but if you tested it, it should be fine.

We’ll check this out tomorrow.

As for kill event skipping count, that’s not a big deal, we just wanted to check to be sure since info behaved differently.

As for that bug with info kills, for us it’s not that big of a deal right now, but feel free to let me know when that’s fixed or which ticket to track, because we were debating on which one to use, but since event kill was more consistent we went with that.

Again, thanks for this fix and fast response, you are doing awesome job!

We checked it today and it’s counting kills correctly, thanks again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey,

I’m glad to hear it’s working properly on your side as well! You’re welcome and thanks again for the feedback.

FYI we also released a fix for the kills info update, it now updates correctly.