[Fortnite] get global kills

Related Games: Fortnite
Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):

• Feature Description:
    Get the username of the global player in the match that gets a kill. It is shown as an event in the game already, but I do not see a way to gather that information through overwolf.
    I plan on only using this feature for use inside of private matches.

• Implementation Recommendation:
    the overwolf API already has an event to show when the number of players in the match reduce, and fortnite already logs the event of the global player kills.

Here is a visual representation of the global event in game.

Could add a variable to the match_info attribute -
    {"info":{"match_info":{"elimination":{"killed_by": killers_username, "killed": killed_username}}}

This could be triggered once it is triggered in game.

• impact for my app:
    SHOW STOPPER

• What is your current pain point?
    not being able to gather the information for the global match kill data. This data is publicly available on the app already.

• Current Work Around
    There is currently no work around for this issue that I have found.

• Feature Potential:
    This kind of feature has immense potential for developers looking to create new types of apps for fortnite.

Some examples are:

1. fortnite 1v1 PVP tracking
    2. New age tournament applications for creators using private matches.
    3. A huge plethora of opportunities in private matches.
  • Possibility of exploiting:
    Like with many uses of data there is always a possibility for exploitation. A user could use this data to track who is left alive in their match. However this information is already publicly available during a match, meaning everyone can see this data during a match. Also, some users keep their accounts anonymous while playing, and in that case would show an anonymous username. So if a user does not wish to be tracked this way, they could toggle that option.

If this is only implemented to work inside of private matches, those possibilities would be reduced almost completely. Alternatively, this kind of event could be set to only be triggered while on a creator approved account and when its being used on a private match. This reduces all the major exploitation possibilities from the use of this data.

I saw a similar post to this from a few months ago, but it was closed without any additions. I would like to re open this FR. Thank you!

If you have any other questions or would like any additional information, I would be happy to oblige.

@omarsagoo, Hi.

We added this feature request to our backlog.
We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to implement and release. Thank you for your patience.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.

Hello @eransharv
First of all, thank you for your quick reply!

The app I am currently building depends on this feature, do you know if it will be completed in the next couple of weeks? My app has a deadline and I need to know if I will be able to achieve it.

I also know what it’s like to be a developer with a long backlog, so I want to make it clear that I am in no way rushing you guys, and I respect the development process. I only want to know for logistical reasons. Thank you for understanding!

I understand that the original requester is no longer active in this OW app development, so I’m closing this FR. If that info is wrong and relevant, please mention me here, and we will discuss it.

Thanks.

@eransharv I am still active, development for me is on standstill for the time being but this FR is still a show stopper impact for my app. I am just waiting for updates regarding it!

Hey @omarsagoo,

Thanks for the patient.

After an internal deliberation, we decided to decline your feature request for now. At the moment we are focusing on other directions, and cannot consider your request.

Please feel free to keep suggesting us ideas, and who knows, maybe a different one will fit :slight_smile:

Gal