Game detection for Path of Exile does not work for everyone

Issue Description: Overwolf client does not recognize the PoE client. It works for some but not for everyone. I’ve attached a failing log package below. Please see also the create Github Issue for the project:
https://github.com/Kyusung4698/PoE-Overlay/issues/826

Steps to reproduce: Start PoE → Start PoE Overlay → PoE Overlay is stuck waiting for PoE
Impact for my app: show-stopper
Do you currently have a workaround? No.

I think this is relate to following log line:

This is a working example:

2020-09-01 12:13:14,368 (INFO) [OverlayService ID 14] GameInjectionScoringHelper - Potential game found: 72124 - Path of Exile - Decision: Supported - Score: 42
2020-09-01 12:13:14,368 (INFO) [OverlayService ID 14] ProcessManager - SetProcessUsage for ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe’ with value ‘Manual’ [command line: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe” --nopatch --success-event 1144]

And a failing one:

2020-09-18 22:10:01,426 (INFO) [OverlayService ID 18] GameInjectionScoringHelper - Potential game found: 72124 - Path of Exile - Decision: Supported - Score: 2
2020-09-18 22:10:01,427 (INFO) [OverlayService ID 18] ProcessManager - SetProcessUsage for ‘C:\Steam POE\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe’ with value ‘NoUsage’

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs

OverwolfLogs_2020-09-18_23-48-12.zip (89.0 KB)

Hi @Kyusung4698,
Did you start the OW app AFTER the POE is running?
Can you tell us what the user rate that complained about this issue is?

Also, note that currently, there is a local holiday till Monday, so expect to slow response than usual.

@Kyusung4698 I just notice that POE events are down since Yesturday around 20:30 (PM).

Did you start the OW app AFTER the POE is running?

I’ve asked multiple users to try either way but this had no impact on the result.

Can you tell us what the user rate that complained about this issue is?

I personally can’t reproduce it. This issue is dependent on the user system which means that my app will and have never work/ed on the given system. Therefore the dark figure is probably quite high because not many are reporting it if it never worked before.

I just notice that POE events are down since Yesturday around 20:30 (PM).

The new PoE league has just started. Therefore my app got quite a user base spike. Please let me know how I can help to identify the issue.

Attached another zip package from a different user with the same issue.

OverwolfLogs_2020-09-19_14-37-51.zip (136.5 KB)

@Kyusung4698 an update: We found the root cause of the issue and it will be fixed in 1-2 days.

@eransharv Thanks! I’ve also got a workaround from @Heaser and shared it with some of my users and they reported that it’s working.

@Kyusung4698 Hi, I synced with the heaser, and I’m glad that his workaround with the game list is working.
We will release this as a permanent fix very soon, this week, or on the next client version.

With your permission, I will now close this ticket. If you want to re-open it, please mention me.

Thanks.

@Kyusung4698 Fix has been deployed.

1 Like