Get an "Overwolf is not defined" error ~50% of time I start up

When I start my OW app up, I sometimes just get a pop-up window that says “overwolf is not defined”. Then the app crashes.

As far as my understanding goes, overwolf has to always be defined, but it appears as if it is sometimes not provided. Is there a way / method that you know of, that mitigates that issue.

For example do I have to wait a certain amount of time for it to be available on the global object, etc ?

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Thanks, we could really use some help here. We also tried blocking the render and waiting for OW to mount, but that doesn’t work. So wait(tillOwMounted); results in it never opening.
We’re using “minimum-overwolf-version”: “0.119.4.23”

Is there any update on this? It is blocking the launch of our app. I’ve asked also on the Discord but no one seems to be able to help.

@RyanIA Hey,

First off, apologies for the long delay in response. The last month was full of holidays for us, so our availability was somewhat limited.

It looks that something in your app code is not correct. I can’t tell you what as I don’t have the code or the logs.

Did you take a look at our sample app structure and flow? Would you please make sure that your app is built in the same way and structure? If you run the sample app, you can see that everything is working as expected. Your app is trying to access the OW object in the wrong way or from the wrong place.

• Please double-check the above.
  • Please attach the logs package.
  • You can DM me the OPK, and I will try to see if I can see something (I’m currently not going to debug it or deep dive to the code, but I try to browse it and check for significant issues in the structure, manifest, etc.).

Thanks.

Great! I’ll DM you. Thanks