Hearthstone GEP - match.playersInfo is not refreshed when the match is over

Issue Description:

Play a ranked game. At the beginning of the game, you get the GEP playersInfo event that tells you the current rank of the player.
When the game is over, the rank is updated (you win/lose a star or a rank), but no event is fired.

Impact for my app: high

Log.zip (1.1 MB)

@sebastientromp thanks. we are checking it.

@sebastientromp can you please point me to the lines in the log where I can see that the match ends and then the rank is updated?

There is nothing in the Hearthstone logs related to the rank, which is why I’m relying on the GEP.

The end of the match can usually be spotted by searching either for the WINNER string or for GOLD_REWARD_STATE

@sebastientromp can you please try it with the updated GEP? if it reproduced, please attach the updated logs so I can pass it to the R&D. thanks

Reproduced with the latest GEP. Here are the logs

Log.zip (1.9 MB)

@sebastientromp thanks for the update. This is the holiday season and we are focused on urgent tasks. But we will check and fix as needed ASAP. I i will keep you updated.

@sebastientromp,

The playersInfo is beeing updated only once the match has been started (you will be able to see the newly updated rand on the next match).
If your app requires the rank at the end of the match, please let us know.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:
It does need it at the end of the match (once the info has been updated). I have built my own plugin to retrieve the info though, so it’s low priority now.

1 Like

@sebastientromp great. If it’s already implemented without any issues, we prefer to focus on other open FR’s in our backlog (we have plenty of them :slight_smile: ). So I will close the ticket for now.
Feel free to re-open it in the future, as necessary.

Thanks.