[Hearthstone] match_start and match_end are not triggering properly

Related Games: Hearthstone

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): Insights Capture

Issue Description:
match_start and match_end events are not sent most of the time, which breaks our auto record feature.

Users are saying only the first game gets automatically recorded. They reported it happening in battlegrounds, but I confirmed the issue as well in other areas, like the battlegrounds tutorial and solo adventures.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

• the Hearthstone demo app looks like it prints out the events, so we can run that for the test
  • start Hearthstone
  • go to modes > solo adventure > start a game
  • match_start event is fired
  • click the cog on bottom right of screen > concede to end the match
  • match_end is not sent. There should only be match_outcome
  • start another solo adventure match
  • match_start is not sent
  • end the match
  • match_end is not sent, but match_outcome is.
  • close Heartstone and reopen
  • match_start will fire the first time we enter a match, but subsequent matches will not have match_start

When I tested this, the match_start and match_end events are up. Oddly enough the match_outcome event was supposedly down, but I still received them.

Impact for my app: high

Do you currently have a workaround? No. We need to know when matches start and end to record matches

Hey,

Thanks for the report, we will look into it and get back to you soon (hopefully with a fix).

Hey again,

Take the plugin.dll file that i am attaching in this thread.

Please follow these instructions:

1. Take the dll file and copy it
  2. Open Overwolf settings
  3. Go to Support tab
  4. Click “Development Options”
  5. Click the UID under “Game Events Provider”
  6. Go to Plugins/32
  7. Paste it there, override the existing file.

Now just play HS/do whatever you do in hs to recreate this issue.
If you stumble upon this problem again, please immediately send your entire overwolf log folder in a zip file.

Thanks. let me know if you need any further assistance.

GEP-output (3).zip (1.5 MB)

Hi Shargaas,

I put the new dll into the plugins > 32 folder under “Overwolf General GameEvents Provider” UID link, but that didn’t help.

I still run into the issue where only the first match gets the match_start and I don’t get a match_end.

The logs after I manually stopped recording is attached. The game was played on Nov 24, 2021 at about 4:13pm.

Hearthstone no match_end OverwolfLogs_2021-11-24_16-11-50.zip (1.8 MB)

This plugin is used to help us debug issues, it wasn’t originally intended to be sent to you as a solution :slight_smile:

I’ll take a look into the logs, thanks.