Highlights only particially recording

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):
Issue Description: we have a user who did 10kills and 8 kills but only 2 and 3 ended up being recorded. (see screenshot). I saw that in the logs that there was a high CPU usage (error) but besides that, I couldnt find anything else, which could have caused that. it would be amazing if you could have a quick look at it and give us your opinion on the cause.
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): not personally (might also due to the edge case of high CPU usage that was shown in the logs
Impact for my app: [e.g. x% of the users complained about it, it’s a show-stopper]
Do you currently have a workaround? no

OverwolfLogs_2021-03-02_14-40-20 (1).zip (432.2 KB)

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logs

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hi @Warcylewis,

From our team inspection, it can look like high resource usage is the cause here. We can also see from the performance log that the OBS process was working extra hard.

We are not seeing any apparent reason for high resource usage on OW’s side (encoder, drivers - all looks ok). It could be another software that uses his GPU or system resource or set the game’s graphics very high.

We noticed that he has his system display set to 125% DPI; it could affect the performance as well.

Our recommendation is to suggest the user contact our support if this issue is not being fixed after disabling other relevant software.

Thanks.

Thanks, I will talk with our user :smiley:
Great job guys! :smiley:

1 Like