How to show OW window only in obs (window will be displayed on stream but streamer wont see it)

I’m trying to create ingame overlay which react on game events.

There is show_only_on_stream option in manifest file, but it doesn’t work for me.
I tried all possible ways to capture game, but show_only_on_stream window not shown in any.
If i disable show_only_on_stream i can see it on stream and in game, but i wont app to be displayed
only on stream.

Can someone please help me with advice how to use show_only_on_stream or offer another way to do this?
Thanks.

Hi,

I want to clarify - when exactly do you want to display the window? (this flag is set per window).
Only in streaming? Also on captured videos?

Thanks

Only in obs. I think both in streaming and recording in obs app.

Thanks.

Ok. we will need to do some test; I guess will have an update only on the beginning of the week.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. I waited for a new release. I will let you know ASAP.

Thanks

Hi @StormInside,

I tested it and I want to make sure that we are on the same page here: can you please tell me the exact steps to reproduce? which game I should try, if you can see the in-game window in the game but not in the capture, etc.

In addition, please reproduce the issue and attach the logs just in case.

Thanks.

Hello @eransharv.

If i don’t use show_only_on_stream option in manifest file i can see my application

And if i switch show_only_on_stream to true i cant see my app anywhere.

Hi. So you are trying to show your app only on stream from what I understand. And not on your screen while you are playing. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

And moreover - you are talking about OBS.

In that case - Have you played with the setWindowObsStreamingMode() function ? It looks that is what you are looking for (set StreamingMode enum to Always).

Thanks

I am closing this issue due to a lack of response.
You can always ask to reopen it by mentioning me with a @.

Thanks.