Inconsistency receiving Overwolf events

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):

Issue Description: Sometimes, we are not getting overwolf events or info updates, it just stops. This causes our app not to capture. I have checked our logs and i found some differences in the root ow_obs files.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): No. It seems to appear “random”. One of our team members had the issue and the next day it was gone. (yes, he did have Medal.tv installed, but even now with it being installed it is recording. For other users it seems to be a more frequent occurance.

Impact for my app: [e.g. x% of the users complained about it, it’s a show-stopper]: We estimate roughly 5-15%? But it is hard to say how many users, as not everyone joins our discord or complains. but it seems to be an ongoing occurrence. even we ourselves seem to have the issue from time to time. As it can occur for one user one day and then the next day not, it is even harder to estimate.

Do you currently have a workaround? No

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs

OverwolfLogs_2021-10-13_08-57-03.zip (1.1 MB)

Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logs

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
we were able to find another bug. Overwolf only captured 1 out of 5 clips. We received the events for all 5 but autohighlights only recorded the first one. (see highlights.log)
would be amazing to get some feedback on this to improve overall consistency.
cheers,OverwolfLogs_2021-10-19_16-43-08.zip (3.3 MB)

Marc

Hey,

Currently, as we analyzed the logs without any insights, and there are no steps to reproduce, I will have to close the ticket for now.

Let’s keep an eye on that, and please update me here if you have any further info or new info. And I’ll reopen this ticket.

Thanks.