Load content verifier error

We are still working with a modified SampleApp and it works on most machines. However one of our tester can’t launch the app. When looking in the trace log we see that ‘load content verifier error’. What could be the issue here?

2022-03-01 07:57:03,658 (ERROR) [14][12632] <274.07MB> ContentVerifier - load content verifier error (MissingVerifiedContentsFile) Could not find a part of the path 'C:\My\Path\dist\_metadata\verified_contents.json'.
2022-03-01 07:57:03,664 (ERROR) [14][12632] <274.07MB> ContentVerifier - error reading extension 'anoahjhemlbnmhkljlgbmnfflpnhgjpmfjnhdfoe (3.0.3)' verified_contents.json form 'C:\My\Path\dist': : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\My\Path\dist\_metadata\verified_contents.json'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at Overwolf.Extensions.Validation.ContentVerifier.LoadContents()
2022-03-01 07:57:03,665 (WARN) [UI][1420]  ExtensionWebApp - invalid extension 'MissingVerifiedContentsFile', closing app

In order to work with unpacked extensions - you are required to be logged in to Overwolf and with the Developer scope.
Soon we’ll show an appropriate error.

1 Like

I’m working with unpacked extensions without being logged in without issues.
What do you mean by with developer scope?
The machine having issues is also not logged in with an Overwolf account.

We’ve released a client version, no long ago, that requires being logged in and verified as a developer.

1 Like

So that’s a new feature then… Thanks for the heads up.
Is that also needed for the Sample App? Does that mean you can’t even try the Sample App without being logged in?

It works on 0.190.0.13
It fails on 0.191.0.19

Looks like we better register as developers soon then…

Can we prevent client update and downgrade to the last client that worked until we sort out our developer status?

@itayG please take it from here

1 Like

We will whitelist you tomorrow morning, there’s no need to downgrade the client.

1 Like