Macro outputs for game event triggers

• Feature Description: Custom Macros for game events
  • impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]. High, would add extra flair for streamers
  • What is your current pain point? Not a feature atm.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it? Using current in-game triggers to activate user defined macros

I currently use Overwolf (and Predator) for tracking Apex Legends gameplay while streaming.
What I would greatly appreciate is an option in Overwolf to define or have a preset macro to trigger a keybind in my stream software.

For instance, getting a kill triggers something like “Alt+k” which in-turn activates an OBS layer to show a Kill animation. I only suggest a single keybind combo as I realise a full macro script would be abused. My only suggestion to maybe counter this would have Overwolf API connect directly to something like OBS_web_socket if possible

Hey,

Currently, you have the overwolf.utils.sendKeyStroke() that can be used for sending key combinations to the game. From there, you can take it and have 3rd party software that executes macros, etc.

Another option is to add a custom OW plugin that encapsulates some custom components that run your macros.

The bottom is that these things should be custom implemented for you precisely and don’t need to be part of the API. With our platform, you can do an app that generates automatic animation triggered by real-time game events.

No worries, it’s not so much about Macro’s but some sort of OW → OBS integration, especially wouldn’t want anything sending macros to the game, I’m looking for quite the opposite, something to take output from the game API to be used for OBS integration.

I’ll have a dig around on the OBS forums too, see if there is anything plug-in wise that may help.

Unfortunately, my coding abilities are basic HTML and some Pascal coding experience (from the 90’s) and as much as I would love to program this option myself, my brain just refuses to co-op with me :slight_smile: . Thanks

Hey @gopher, yes, I hear you… Maybe you can discuss with our Discord community about where to start, etc. - even perhaps someone can share some similar code, etc.

Good luck and have fun!