MatchStart event doesnt trigger on Gamemodes without battle bus

Related Games: Fortnite
Issue Description: The MatchStart event doesn’t trigger on Gamemodes where you spawn on the main island or teleports you from startisland directly to main island.
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

1. Select a gamemode that applies to this bug. For example Creative
  2. Get in a game and don’t see the matchStart event.

Impact for my app: Big. A lot of data is not tracked.
Do you currently have a workaround? I tried to find one but I was not able to find a reliable one.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

@xNocken Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not support creative mode on Fortnite.
Only a selected few specific events are supported for internal requirements.

Thanks.

It happens not only for Creative. It happens on many other modes but creative is the one thats always available for testing. Creative and respawn modes in general are a big part of Fortnite. There are even tournaments in some of them. And Fortnite is a game that doesnt have much use for something like overwolf. Creative is more the part of Fortnite that could use overwolf. In core modes it can anly track your kills and placement but thats it. If you would start to support Creative and add more events and informations, many more players would start using overwolf. It is currently not possible to do anything except that. I mean 90% of the data that is currently provided is useless. Who cares about the session id and what map youre on.Creative could need many features like what map you play, when a minigame started, how much data is used, what settings are active.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Hey @xNocken, you can add a request to support more Fortnite modes here: Feature Requests - Game Events - Overwolf Developers Q&A

Yeah i will do that but i posted it here to show that this bug should be looked into.

@xNocken, let’s create a feature request, and we will handle it through it. I think if we will accept the feature and support it, this bug will “disappeared.” Thus, I believe that it’s better to close this ticket to avoid duplicate content.

With your permission, I will close the ticket now. If you think it shouldn’t be close now or in the future - mention me, and I will change it.

Thanks