There is some issues with the monitor handle values returned from
I am trying to determine which monitor the game is running on, but the
getRunningGameInfo doesn’t always match the
handle value from
0, and sometimes the
monitorHandle.value has the value of the incorrect monitor. The game will open on my secondary display, but it will have the handle value of my primary monitor.
getRunningGameInfo. Bottom is
getMonitorsList. The secondary display has a handle value of
0, which I suspect is wrong.]
How my monitors are setup:
- monitor 1 is my laptop. 1920x1080 with 125% scaling.
- monitor 2 is a secondary monitor attached with HDMI. 1920x1080 with 100% scaling.
- the monitors are extended in the Windows settings.
- if the virtual monitors are lined up such that their ‘x’ values are both 0 (like above or with monitor 1 above monitor 2), then the attached display has a handle value of ‘0’.
- if the ‘x’ values differ, then the secondary monitor has a non-zero handle value
[Monitors arranged vertically with small offset on ‘x’ axis. The handle values are non-zero.]
[Monitors arranged horizontally. The handle values are non-zero.]
0. This is logged in a background window where the app was launched by opening a game. I’m unsure how to reproduce this case.]
Do you currently have a workaround?
No. I don’t have another way to determine which monitor the game is running on.
Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Here are the logs after I did some testing with various monitor arrangements.
Testing done on Mar 1, 2022 around 10:30 AM to 11:40 AM.
monitorHandle values incorrect OverwolfLogs_2022-03-01_11-47-12.zip (1.6 MB)