OTA Update possible?

Hey there,

Is there a way to have a C# plugin which can change my app’s files on the fly? I’m thinking on querying my server if there’s something new and then proceed downloading new files & replacing the app’s one & restart the app.

If we want to submit an update for our app we have to wait for your approval even if the update’s something about solving an urgent bug. Combined with the fact that QA takes a while & you might not be on your woking days when I see the bug happening, would lead to some unhappy users.

Mobile AppStore are allowing React apps to push OTA updates as long as it does not include some new feature (so, mostly bug solving).

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hey @Dan,

I hope all is well, and GG on your great app.

After discussing this matter internally, we decided that we can’t allow this request.

It’s important for us to make sure each update that is released goes through our Console.
We have a commitment to users, which you can read here. Only by reviewing each version, we can fulfill this obligation.

To update your app, please submit it to QA via the Developers Console.

It’s important to say, once we see you’ve uploaded a few versions that passed QA, you’ll be allowed to upload new versions without us reviewing them ahead.
And still, we’ll be able to track each update using this method.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best,

Gal