Overwolf for mac OS

• Feature Description:Overwolf for mac OS
  • impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
  • What is your current pain point? i really want to use Overwolf, but i have a Mac so i cant use it.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it?
    Make Mac OS Version of Overwolf
    note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

Hi @chrskov, and welcome to our community! I’m glad that you like Overwolf, and you are right - Overwolf doesn’t have Mac and Linux supported versions. Unfortunately, supporting these OSs is not on our roadmap as for now. But it might be in the future.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,
Seems really nice tool. Thanks to advise wxhen available on MACOS and/or IOS. Much needed (e.g. a good deck tracker for Heartstone on IOS or Macos would be a must !!! and people (I am) OK to pay for it.

1 Like

I 2nd or 1 millionth this request for MacOS/Linux support. Without it you are abandoning all the MacOS users that have been getting addons for years from CurseForge. I specifically use addons for WoW & Heathstone. Please let us now if/when you will provide support for MacOS.
Please do not abandon us.

Concerned gamer.

1 Like

I also 1 millionth this request. MTG Arena has just released for Mac OS and I’ve already gotten a half dozen questions from users “Are you going to support Mac?” or “When are you going to have a Mac version?”

Where should I send users to pass this feedback on @eransharv? I want to at least give them a way to formally request this from Overwolf instead of just saying, “No, we don’t care about you.”

1 Like

I’m a macOS dev and offer addons via curse forge.
Im strongly suggesting you to create an open api for the addons, so we as community can create our own patcher.

Else (speaking for me only) I would need to abandon curse forge and switch to alternative platforms where the api is open or a macOS patcher will be available or just rent a server and host it myself.

b.t.w: Ignoring the Apple-World is simply stupid, but thats your business.

2 Likes

@HelgeBecker Thanks for the feedback. Let me discuss it internally and update you ASAP.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @HelgeBecker, thanks for you comment!

1. We’re currently handling the transfer from Twitch with minimal changes apart from several Ux/Ui features. Once CurseForge is up and running we will take it from there - this includes the API which we will have to figure whether it’ll be open or not.
  2. We will initially develop the app for Windows before executing for Mac/Linux environments.

Additional Resources:
Road Map Board Link: Trello
CurseForge Idea Portal https://curseforge-ideas.overwolf.com/

1 Like

I’m another frustrated Mac user – Curse and Twitch have long-supported MacOS and suddenly being told inside the Twitch app that the mods function will no longer work and that there is no MacOS Oversold support, nor is it planned at all is straight-up ridiculous.

1 Like

Same here. Or… I am a multi-OS user.

I don’t understand why you/they think it is a great idea to remove addon support from the twitch client unless they at least have the same level as support as before (platform wise). It’s just beyond me.

Do kindly implement at least macOS support, before December 2.nd or do not remove the addon feature from twitch untill this is implemented.

1 Like

I am also severely disappointed after having been a monetary supporter of Curse for years (until the change). I hated the twitch change (too many resources just to run twitch), but used it. Not a good move at all.

Ah. Now to find out the Overwolf replacement.

I want to add my voice to the request for MacOS support. I would also add that the Curseforge/Overwolf Merger should be planning to launch its new platform for all its current customers/Users not a select few. This should include MacOS/Linux users.

1 Like

Sorry but are you insane to remove mod tab on twitch withourt any solution for macos user ? Sorry for follwoing message but your dev-management is crap! You got such an monopol software and suddenly work like beginners. There should be more time where the twitch client could support the mac users for a n estimation time longer than 3 month+ after your release of this app. That would help your dev’s to manage the following problems of the major part of our community. Bt they also get more time for the abandoned macos users, so you can create a macos app much easier. hard breaks will generate hate on changes! But we all agree we have to use your clients because nobody does it better YET! Watch for your users not for technical achievemnts^^ so hope you understand my friends and my own opinion. I am just an Developer since 9+ years and trust me “community driven dev” pays off :wink:

1 Like

they don’t even have a solution for Mac users, still they announce that twitch mods won’t we working anymore 2th December. So what are we suppose to do when that day comes ??.. it’s even more mocking when twitch says u can download overwolf here and then its like OOPS only windows… i mean… why

Hey there,
I apologize for the canned answer, wanted to make sure the reaches you as well -
We’re releasing the first MacOS alpha version this week, a public alpha version the week after and hope to release another iteration before Twitch sunsetting Dec. 2nd. During this time Twitch will continue to support Addon and Mods so you can enjoy the upcoming Shadowlands expansion.
We have requested the banner that is now shown in the Twitch client to be updated to include this information (once again, public MacOS client coming Nov. 17th)

The MacOS client is important to us and is part of our commitment to the community :slight_smile:

Hey there,
apologize for the copy-pasted answer, wanted to make sure this reached you as well -
We’re releasing the first MacOS alpha version this week, a public alpha version the week after and hope to release another iteration before Twitch sunsetting Dec. 2nd. During this time Twitch will continue to support Addon and Mods so you can enjoy the upcoming Shadowlands expansion.
We have requested the banner that is now shown in the Twitch client to be updated to include this information (once again, public MacOS client coming Nov. 17th)

The MacOS client is important to us and is part of our commitment to the community :slight_smile:

Hey there,
apologize for the copy-pasted answer, wanted to make sure this reached you as well -

2 Likes

Good to hear. Thank you for letting me/us know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. That is great to hear :blush::heart_eyes:

1 Like

thats amazing news! thanks for letting us know !