Overwolf.settings.hotkeys.get() doesn't return the games hotkeys after reinstalling the application

Issue Description: overwolf.settings.hotkeys.get() doesn’t return the games hotkeys after reinstalling the application.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install an app from the local .opk file
  2. Launch the app
  3. Change one of the app hotkey for specific game to ‘Unassigned’ in ‘Overlay & Hotkeys’ tab
  4. Uninstall the app from ‘Development options’ tab
  5. Install an app from the local .opk file again
  6. The ‘Overlay & Hotkeys’ tab remains open
  7. Launch the app
  8. In the ‘Overlay & Hotkeys’ tab the app hotkey for specific game remains ‘Unassigned’
    9.In the app overwolf.settings.hotkeys.get() returns only global hotkeys, game hotkeys object is empty “games”:{}.

Impact for my app: low

Time of the event in logs: 2020-07-08 11:54:17
OverwolfLogs_2020-07-08_14-08-43.zip (905.8 KB)

@Pokyntelytsia thanks for the report.

I will create a bug for our R&D team, and I’ll keep update you here.

Thanks

Hi @Pokyntelytsia,

I tested it, and unfortunately, it’s not reproducible.

I checked it with our sample app (the OPK attached here).

These are the steps that I did:

1. install the sample app from the OPK.
  2. open the hotkey client tab and check that in Fortnite, the hotkey (ctrl+F) is assigned. Change it to “Unassigned”.
  3. uninstall the sample app from the dev app. (The ‘Overlay & Hotkeys’ tab remains open)
  4. re-install the app.

In the hotkeys tab, I can see under Fortnite that the hotkey is assigned again to ctrl+F.
When I open the sample app, open the dev console and call overwolf.settings.hotkeys.get(), i get that hotkey.

Can you please try the following steps?

Hi. I’m closing the issue due to lack of response.
Please feel free to mention me if you would like to reopen it.

Thanks

Hi, thanks,
it’s not reproducible for me either now.

1 Like

I have the same problem here. I think you are missing one step. You need to reinstall overwolf. Only install overwolf for the first time and reinstall any app