[Path of Exile] On Chat Message Event

Related Games: Path of Exile
Related app/team name: PoE Overlay

• Feature Description: I’d like to receive an event when I either receive or send a chat message.
  • impact for my app: low-mid
  • What is your current pain point? I’m currently using the game logs to filter for trade requests and build my trade helper on top of it. My pain point with that is, that messages from Korean players are not logged because of privacy laws. Therefore trading with Korean players is extremely slow. Given that all public trade helpers are suffering with this, it would be a great feature and reason to use Overwolf and keep using my app for my users.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it? Waiting for Overwolf to implement this event :smile:

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.
Note that some of our team in the local, new year holiday so it might take longer than usual.

Thanks.

@Kyusung4698, can you please tell me if you estimate which percentages of your trade requests are involved, Korean users?

I’d say around 10-20% depending on what items you are trading. May I ask why this is even a question? (After 3+ weeks) It’s a highly requested feature from my users and a way to stand out for using Overwolf.

@Kyusung4698 We discussed it internally, and we thought that the info was relevant to prioritize it better :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer; I will update you soon (sorry about the delay - it was the holiday season here in the last few weeks).

We added this feature request to our backlog.
We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to implement and release. Thank you for your patience.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.

1 Like