PUBG: Map "pings" for player and team

• Feature Description: In PUBG you can place a marker on the map to indicate locations to your team. Add this data as an info update.

• impact for my app: high

• What is your current pain point? I use my second-screen map as a replacement for the in-game map for almost every aspect of the game. The only reason I need to use my in-game map is to see where a teammate has tagged on the map. If I could see player pings, that would mean I never need to use the in-game map.

• What do you have in mind to solve it? Just a regular info update with the x,y coordinates of each marker that is placed on the map, with the nickname of the player who placed that marker. Optionally you could include the marker type (you can mark a compound as “loot here” or “enemies here” or whatever in PUBG)

note for staff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

We are very sorry but But this ticket “fell through the cracks” and got lost in the system.
I’m closing it now. If it’s still relevant, please mention me, and i’ll re-open it.

Thanks

@eransharv This is relevant again! Would be great if you could reopen it :slight_smile:

@DrWraith, is your app is live in the app store? Which app?

@eransharv My app isn’t on the app store. It’s a second-screen live map that shows the circle and you and your team’s locations on the map, as well as the plane line, predicted player density based on common drop zones and the plane, and it zooms in automatically to only show the current zone (unless you’re outside the zone). It also shows what equipment you and your teammates have, to reduce callouts asking who needs a level 2 helmet etc.

The version I originally built sent all your data to a webserver, and collated your and your friends data on a webpage, which you would open on your second screen. This has big security issues, as right now you can just see where somebody is if they’re using the app and you know their name. It needed to be web based originally as there was no teammate location data available in the API when I built the app. To publish this I would have had to build a bunch of security stuff into it (and pay for better web hosting).

However I want to build a new version that’s just local and uses an overwolf window on your second screen. This won’t be able to show your teammates equipment, but should have everything else. Being able to see teammates’ pins on the map would help, especially for a feature that will suggest when to jump out of the plane to get to your mark the fastest. If the app is totally local like this, I will be able to safely add it to the app store.

I think it’s insane that nobody else has built a second screen map for this game.

Hey @DrWraith,

Thank you for your ticket.
We were lucky to get quite a few requests and deeply appreciate all the effort from your side in improving our framework.
However, after careful thought, we’ve decided to currently focus on other requests, which will hopefully be beneficial for you as well.

Thanks again for your time.