Related app/team name: Insights Capture
The current stream does not stop if the user closes the game while a stream is ongoing.
- CoD Warzone
Games that work properly (
onStopStreaming event is fired):
- Among us
- Rocket League (Epic launcher version)
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):
Can use Insights Capture for testing, but should affect other recording apps as well. The below instructions is for Insights Capture.
- Open CS:GO or CoD
- Start recording (press record button or F7 on keyboard)
- Close the game
- Reopen CS:GO, CoD, or any supported game
- The timer on the record button is counting up which shows the record time
- Stop the recording (press stop record button in overlay or press F7 on keyboard)
- Recording will appear in the desktop window after the video is saved
When doing the above in unaffected games, the
onStopStreaming event will be fired after the game is closed.
Impact for my app: Medium. Can lead to creating large videos if users close the affected games without stopping the recording.
Do you currently have a workaround?
Can check if stream is still ongoing when a game is closed and stop recording.