Rocket League Available Features Differ From Docs

Related Games: Rocket League

Issue Description:
The teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal events for Rocket League don’t seems to exist as separate game features anymore. The supportedFeatures array that is returned does not contain these two events. I still do get the teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal events when I register for the stats event though.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):

• register for stats, teamGoal, opposingTeamGoal
  • The supportedFeatures array provided in the setRequiredFeatures callback doesn’t show teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal
  • teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal events are still emitted when someone scores a goal

Impact for my app: low
Do you currently have a workaround?

• Will see if I can filter out the unneeded events.

Hi @fgfl,

I’m not sure that I understand what do you mean by " The teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal events for Rocket League don’t seem to exist as separate game features anymore".

They are separate features.

Can you explain what is the issue that you have with it in your app? can you attach your logs zip package?

Thanks.

Hi @eransharv ,

Yes, these should be separate features which I can register for. Correct me if my understanding is wrong, but when I register for the stats feature and NOT the teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal feature, I shouldn’t bet getting the teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal events.

However, that’s the opposite of what I’m seeing. I am still getting the teamGoal and opposingTeamGoal event when I didn’t register for them. I’m thinking either that docs don’t match something that was changed or it could be a bug.

The only event I’m interested in is the goal event that is part of the stats feature.

I ran another test where I register for the stats feature and NOT the teamGoal nor opposingTeamGoal features. On the rocket_league_log file I attached, on line 166, it says I registered for “stats”, “Death”, “match”, and “match_info”.

Then down at line 755, it shows that I received the goal event followed by a teamGoal event. I shouldn’t have received the teamGoal event since I didn’t register for that feature.

I attached the zip of the Overwolf logs as well. I can’t really find a log in there that shows this behaviour. I think the rocket_league_log shows it better.

OverwolfLogs_2021-01-12_15-54-25.zip (781.9 KB) rocket_league_log_12_01_2021.log (41.1 KB)

Ok I will check it. But meanwhile, as you mentioned, you can easily filter out the unneeded events.

@fgfl, are you using the Epic version or the Steam version>

I’m using the Epic Games version.

Rocket League isn’t available on Steam anymore as far as I can tell.

@fgfl, so after checking it, it looks like this is expected behavior in the Epic version due to some changes in this version. We will check internally if we want/can/need to make some changes and changes the docs accordingly.

I will close the ticket now with your permission, and you can always reopen it by mentioning me. If I have another update, I will write to you here.

Thanks

Thanks @eransharv . You can close this ticket.

1 Like