Rocket League events break when both players have same username

Issue Description:

If two players play a 1v1 in RL and they have the same username, Overwolf fails to create the teams and instead reports only one player. Steam ids should be used for identifying players, not usernames, since usernames don’t need to be unique.

You can see this in the teamsInfo provided by Overwolf:

{
	"info": {
		"teamsInfo": {
			"team1": "%5B%5D"
		}
	},
	"feature": "roster"
}

{
	"info": {
		"teamsInfo": {
			"team2": "%5B%22player0%22%5D"
		}
	},
	"feature": "roster"
}

Steps to reproduce:

Enter a 1v1 in RL with two players who have the same username. Note that the events reporting the teams do not include both players and thus the result of the game cannot be determined.

Impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]

This is an edge case, but it’s a show-stopper when it does happen, since it means the players will play the match and then not have the results captured. When real money is on the line, this is a very serious issue.

Logs attached.same-username.zip (1.5 MB)

@jeaye can you please reproduce it and send us your OW logs?

@eransharv The logs are already attached to the original ticket I reported 8 days ago.

@jeaye sorry my bad - I didn’t explain it right: I mean updated logs, as there might be a change since eight days ago. But you know what - forget it for now - we will try to work with the attached logs.
I will update you here ASAP. And thanks again for your patience!

Hey @jeaye @eransharv,

Thanks for notifying us about this. Quite certain this is a quick fix, and an issue that we had with Dota 2 as well. I’ll open a bug for us to fix, however take into account we’re a bit pre-occupied atm with multiple game patches that broke our events, it might take us a week to get to this.
We will get to it though 100%.

Thank you.

Hey,

We released a fix for this issue yesterday. we consider this matter closed.
Let me know if this issue still persists after the latest update.

Thanks!