Rocket League victory is incorrectly calculated

Issue Description:

Overwolf appears to be comparing each team’s number of goals to determine the winner. This makes sense, but Overwolf is using strings to do so, which leads to the incorrect result a lot of the time. Comparing “10” versus “2”, for example, shows that the greater of the two is “2”, thus awarding that player the victory.

Steps to reproduce:

This is easily reproduced by playing a game with one of the following scores:

• 10 - 2
  • 10 - 3
  • 10 - 4
  • 10 - 5
  • 10 - 6
  • 10 - 7
  • 10 - 8
  • 10 - 9

The funny thing is, if one player scores 9, the only way the other player can win is if he scores at least 90 goals.

Impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]

This is an absolute show-stopper for our hard launch, since the game result is unreliably calculated. Fortunately, it should be an easy fix. However, I would strongly recommend OW to check this sort of calculation for the other supported games, too. With more and more apps increasing the stakes of these games, it’s crucial that the results are correct.

I don’t have a log zip for this, but here’s a full match with all of the events. It shows a 10 - 9 game where the player with 9 goals is considered the victor.

events.zip (1.9 KB)

@jeaye thanks for your patience. I will check it and update you ASAP.

Hey @jeaye,

Sounds pretty serious. I’ll have to check it out myself to verify this actually reproduces on our machines here.
Once i bump into it i’ll open up a high priority bug on our end to fix it.

Thank you.

Managed to reproduce this easily and you are correct.

I am opening a bug on us, hopefully we will get to solving it soon after we finish fixing all the broken games that we currently have.

Thanks again!

@jeaye hi.

The issue is fixed. Please let us know if it’s not working as expected and i will re-open this ticket.
Thanks.