[Teamfight Tactics] No Events are generated if League Client closes

Related Games: Teamfight Tactics

Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): MetaTFT (but will impact all TFT apps)

Issue Description: If a user has the league client setting “close client during game” set to “Always” or “As Needed” (default), they do not get game events after the first game. This issue has been around for a long time however I only recently found a way to replicate it.

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):
It is possible to simulate this behaviour by following these steps:

1. Set the league client setting “close client during game” to “Always” (If you forget to set this, you can also manually close the client once you’re in game)
  2. Load into a TFT game. The league client should close itself, and you should be able to register for events and they will be generated as normal.
  3. With the league client closed, restart the app and attempt to register for game events again.
  4. No further game events will be generated

Impact for my app: High - doesn’t function/is unreliable for a significant number of users. Many don’t reach out for a resolution
Do you currently have a workaround? If somebody reaches out I can tell them individually to change the league client setting, however this isn’t a good solution, especially as the default setting is to have the client close as required.

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Please mention the time of the event so we can find it easily in the logs

OverwolfLogs_2022-01-10_11-31-18.zip (1.5 MB)
I was able to simulate this in the most recent TFT game (starting at 10:48 to 11:23)

Hey @Guthers ,

Thanks for letting us know, we will look into it right away and open a bug if necessary. I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Hey again,

Please dm me on our developer slack