[Teamfight Tactics] Roster health values inaccurate if round goes to overtime

Issue Description: When a round goes to overtime, the health values are captured before the final damage has been calculated
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Play a game of Teamfight Tactics. Watch “roster” info events and compare to actual values in game when a round goes to overtime.
Impact for my app: High
Do you currently have a workaround? No. I can request an info update at the start of the next round to manually fetch health values but it still shows innacurate data.

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
Not sure if logs will be useful here as you need to be able to compare it to the actual values in game, but can provide them & screenshots of this occuring if required.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Hi, I’d just like to give some more information on this issue. I raised this before I launched the app and so now I can share the full details of why it is an issue. This is for my app: MetaTFT
The matchup tracker uses player health values to position the numbers on the right. When the health values are inaccurate, the numbers are mispositioned as in the screenshot below. This can be hard to notice and can cause players to scout & position for the wrong players which harms the player experience. This feature is always on, and this bug appears in almost every game so the player impact is very high.

To replicate, I would recommend playing a comp that draws the game out such as Hellions, 6 knights, or renewers. The bug appears most often when a fight goes to overtime.

I’m not sure if this is possible, but a simple fix could be to refetch current health values after a couple of seconds into the next round.

Also, if a player buys teemo this isn’t reflected in health values at the moment

Thanks for the info, we will check it and update you.

Hey @Guthers ,

I’ve just tested with a hellion composition and couldn’t reproduce this issue with wrong health values.
I suggest that i’ll give you a debugging plugin to use and if it is recreated for you, you can send me back your log file and we’ll try to see where the problem originates from (also would be pretty important to have a video attached of the session).

This sounds good. I am on the developer slack as Sam Guthrie if you want to send me the debugging plugin.

Yeah I’ll slack you the moment I can get the plugin.

Hey @Guthers ,

We just started phasing out a new GEP version with a possible fix for this issue (184.0.0).
If you encounter this again, let me know, but for now I am closing this ticket, Thank you.

1 Like