Toast notifications

overwolf.notifications.onToastNotification event is wrongly named on docs and type file.

used as onToastInteraction at runtime (and works), so both docs and d.ts file are wrong on this one.
you can just pop into a running app console and type overwolf.notifications and see the members list…
picture attached to save your time :slight_smile: image

also using toast on an unpacked app does NOT work.
returned error is: “Required app start menu shortcut is missing!”
found a thread on Slack where “Gildon” told another user that installing the app once as an OPK should solve this - did NOT work for me, even after you test it on an OPK, reverting to the unpacked version breaks it again.

Try putting a shortcut to your app inside the “AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Overwolf” folder.

I did that after reverting back to an unpacked version and that works.

You can get a shortcut to your app by finding it in the app store, click on the cog, then “Add desktop shortcut”.

The target of my shortcut looks like this, ““C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\OverwolfLauncher.exe” -launchapp okmohcjfmchpapljmoineeecekojmbbheniohgnp -from-desktop”

1 Like

Thx for the tip! ill give it a go!
still hoping that it will be fixed platform side, so others will not waste their time on this :slight_smile:

Thanks, @boazrl - I fixed the doc and the def file.

Regarding the shortcut issue - I will internally discuss it with the team. Meanwhile, I added a note on the API page (Note that currently using toast on an unpacked app does NOT work).

Thanks

1 Like

Update: I escalated the issue to the R&D. I will update here when I will have new info.

Thanks

one last thing if they are already touching the subject:
both on my tests and on the OW docs you can see a weird background around the main icon.
in the docs it’s blue, I have it green - guess it has something to do with the system’s theme…
(in the attached picture its the one left to the “CourseForge” text)

not ALL notifications have it - like Riots Vanguard for example has a transparent background... others do have it, like Logitechs G-HUB for example…

could not figure out if I can control this aspect or is it doomed due to the way it is implemented in the platform :open_mouth:

@Eransharv if you have any data on the subject, it will be most welcome <3

Sure I will add this info to the internal bug.

Hey. I can confirm that it’s a bug (the initial issue). I will update here once a fix is released.

Thanks

@boazrl, the fix is done, but we will include it in v0.188 of the OW client.
Stay tuned to our announcements and test them when it is available on the Developers channel soon.

I will close the ticket now but feel free to mention me and re-open it if necessary.

Thanks.

Update: we fixed it in version 0.190 that is still not available. (soon).

1 Like

verified that it’s working on 190. (still not available to the public, though).