[Valorant] game_mode event is not returning "Ranked" on competitive mode

Related Games: Valorant
Issue Description: for both competitive and unranked game modes, the event returns mode: bomb.
https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-games-events-valorant#game_mode-note

Steps to reproduce: start unranked and ranked modes, for both the event returns the same value
Impact for my app: [high]
Do you currently have a workaround? yes, the ‘rank’ value is 1 for competitive and 2 for unranked.

@j4Ko Thanks, we will check it out. Note that there is a public holiday on Tuesday, so our response might be slower. Thanks.

Sure @eransharv I’m aware :slight_smile: :star_of_david:, BTW I found a workaround, but it will be better if you can fix the mode name.
I’m updating the issue description.
"Do you currently have a workaround? yes, the ‘rank’ value is 1 for competitive and 2 for unranked. "

@j4Ko Hi,

So after I discussed that with the team, I found that this is not a bug, it is intended:
Both ranked and unranked modes are “Bomb,” which are the same mode.

You are not using a workaround - rank value: 1 IS the correct way to detect rank. Not according to game_mode name.

Game mode name allows you only to differentiate between actual different game modes like Spike Rush or Deathmatch etc.

I hope it’s clear and makes sense. With your permission, I will close the ticket now. Please feel free to mention me for any other issue or if something is not clear.

Thanks.

1 Like

10q @eransharv please close this.