[Warframe] Pending Trades

Related Games: Warframe

• Feature Description:
    Update the PendingTrades (inventory.PendingTrades) during the trade window.

• Impact for my app: mid/high.
    By updating PendingTrades during the trade process, as items are added, the app would be able to calculate average prices for each item against other APIs. This would allow a live display of potential profits that could be made from the traded items. It could also prevent players from making bad trades due to a lesser understanding of the market.

• What is your current pain point?
    My PendingTrades data is currently holding a trade that was made a long time a go. While investigating this, I made serveral test trades that are not showing up. This appears to be a bug.

Although updating PendingTrades after a trade would still be useful. I feel that it would be much more valuable to update during the trade. Without this functionality, it would not be possible to add live trade data and we would need to resort to showing the trade summary after a successful trade. (By which time it would be too late to cancel the trade deal)

Here is a mockup app that could be achievable with the PendingTrades game event being updated during a trade.
In this example, item prices are calculated from the online Warframe market api. The user can then tell if they are making a good/bad trade.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

@ButchMonkey Hi,

Can you please tell me what is the name of the app/team that you are working on? I can’t find your email in our whitelisted developers…

Thanks

@eransharv
Hi, we will be submitting our whitelist request this week.
We have currently been testing to see what is possible with the API before deciding to proceed.

Now that the performance issues have been fixed, we are happy to continue.

Based off the phrasing of the PendingTrades object, this seemed like functionality that would already be included hence the issue/request.

We added this feature request to our future backlog.
We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to implement and release.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.