Warframe performance when using Overwolf

Issue Description:
When Overwolf is installed, Warframe perfomance is appalling. An app doesn’t even need to be running, just having Overwolf installed is enough.
The Warframe logs are full of “Budget overrun” messages and load times go from 4-5 seconds to 30-45 seconds. (800% increase when not even running an app)

Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce):
Install overwolf.
Enable overlay & Hotkeys for warframe
Load warframe
The issue is most noticeable in open world areas. example - Orb Vallis (Fortuna)

The warframe logs (%LocalAppData%/Warframe/EE.log) highlight this issue well. With Overwolf installed, the logs are spammed with “Budget Overrun”. Without, barely any, if not then none at all

Impact for my app:
show-stopper
I do not wish to even begin developing an app if the performance hit is this drastic. It makes the game very frustrating to play. I would not want any user to experience this.

Do you currently have a workaround?
No.

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs

OverwolfLogs_2021-02-03_12-34-20.zip (360.7 KB)

Hey, can you explain more please?
Do you have any fps drops?
Or just heavy load time on maps?

Hi @ionatan.albu,
In short, both.
I get fps drops when playing certain missions that have to load in extra resources.
I also get fps drops during the long load times. It generally feels that the game is struggling to run. However, looking at task manager nothing seems to be maxing out.

Would it help if I provide a video with and without overwolf installed?

We released a possible fix for this issue. Can you please restart Overwolf and let us know if you still experience these performance issues?

Hi, I have just reinstalled Overwolf and I still experience the same issues.
Frames dropping to around 20 fps during loading a mission and still takes a long time.
Warframe logs attached, shows Budget overrun messages

175.125 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun updating level loader state CS_CREATE_OBJECTS (6.68 ms)

Warframe EE.log -
EE.log (525.8 KB)
Overwolf logs -
OverwolfLogs_2021-02-03_14-55-51.zip (93.7 KB)

Do you have discord?
So we can try debug it with you and helping fix this soon? :slight_smile:

Sure, I’m on the overwolf developers discord. Same handle as here

Confirmed it was fixed by @ionatan.albu . Closing the ticket.