[Warzone] Left game early indicator

Related Games:

• Call of Duty (Warzone)
  • Potentially others, but have only used Overwolf for Warzone so this is the only example I’ve seen so far

Related app/team name: WARZONE.AI (Pending approval)

• Feature Description:
    There is currently no way (to my knowledge/understanding) to make a distinction between legitimately finished matches and cases where the user left the match early. Both trigger the game started/ended event and not much else. For our purpose, we need to know if the user left the game early, or if they left after the match was complete/their entire team died (they lost).

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
    Our app is still pending approval so please don’t take this as urgent, but it would be a show-stopper for us for most features we planned to offer. We already have tons of features built around the Activision API but we are highly interested in leveraging Overwolf to provide that same set of features, albeit for private matches; not knowing who won the match would make the rest of the data essentially useless to us.

• What is your current pain point?
    I am only able to know when the user left the game, but I cannot determine if they rage quit or if they left after losing/winning.

• What do you have in mind to solve it?
    It would be great if we got an event for when a user leaves a game early. In all honesty, I can see some potential issue because even after you die in Warzone, you technically leave the game early. I’m not sure what the background events look like for these two actions; hopefully there is an indicator that would allow us to make this distinction but not 100% sure.

Happy to help in anyway I can, thanks so much for taking the time to read my request. Love your service/product so far and we are super excited to see where we can take our platform with the addition of your tech!

• Dan

Thanks @mdlindsey,

I will check the issue and update you.

1 Like

Hey,

If i am not mistaken, the roster event is supposed to reset itself and clear all roster slots.
That occurs whether u quit on your own or whether u finish and win / lose the match. That can be your indication.

The fact that the indicator is the same for both is exactly why it won’t work to make a distinction between these two events.

@mdlindsey I will re-discuss that with the team. I will let you know.