C# Plugin Elevated Mode

• Feature Description: Let us set a flag to “load” a plugin in elevated mode regardless if Overwolf was started as admin, like the Overwolf helper processes.
  • impact for my app: high
  • What is your current pain point? More advanced plugins require admin rights to work stable with all user systems e.g. currently our plugin fails if the targeted game is running as admin.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it? Workaround is to start Overwolf as admin, but this is cumbersome for users and many may opt out of using this feature at all.

I think this is would be a good addition also given the poor state the GEP is in right now and would give us creators more freedom to develop such plugins ourselves.

Hi!
We’ll discuss this internally and update on here once we have an answer (while the technical side isn’t too difficult, this also poses several usability questions that we want to make sure we address before proceeding)

1 Like

Hi!
After some discussion, the idea itself seems plausible, and like it can be done in a way that isn’t harmful to user experience.

That being said, as we are still ironing out the final details, it will be passed directly rather than in this thread for now, as it might change a little more in the near future until a stable solution is reached, and we want to make sure that we can properly follow through/update the usage of it.

Hi,
Thanks for the update! After exploring some of the suggested solutions, I would like to add to this request, that showing an UAC dialog every time my app starts is not desirable. If there is no way of doing this silently, this issue can be dropped.
Cheers!