Memory Screenshots are not working (black image)

Issue Description: Memory Screenshots are not working (black image)
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Launch Warzone client. Use any command for memory screenshot OR just use in-memory-screenshot Sample App
Impact for my app: high (memory screenshots should be in perfect quality but file screenshots are highly compressed)
The workaround, for now, is to use File screenshots but they take place on the drive and they are highly compressed so it is impossible to get good info from screenshots.

Hi!
We will take a look at it as soon as we can. However, do note that we are currently on holiday, so response times might be slower.

1 Like

Hi!
After checking with the team, it seems that due to the way overwolf runs with warzone, it is impossible to use in-memory screenshots.
As such, the options are to either use the file screenshots if they work, or to use whole (even short) videos captured using the streaming/replays api.
Hope this helps!

Hey, it is not working even when the game window is in borderless but not in fullscreen mode. Why is it not possible to press alt+prntscrn button to take a screenshot from the game? It seems that it is not really related to the integration with the game.
Using file screenshots is not solving the task because the quality is much worse than from memory screenshot

So, the reason this does not work, is simply due to a technical limitation of the overlay method for the game, as it is different from usual.
If file screenshots/full recordings do not work, then I can open a feature request for file-based screenshots to have more control over compression, but I’ll need an exact description of what matters for those to make sure the feature fits.

some games have poor events in Overwolf API or don’t have them at all. Having the possibility to track pixel information from the screen can give a good opportunity for devs to create their own event by checking of some specific place and its color on the screen. Having a screenshot that is compressed leads to messing with pixel colors which highly decreases the possibility of precise track needed place on the screen

Hi @1337,
We understand that there is some frustration surrounding Warzone’s current state but as @oded.itkin mentioned this is a technical limitation of the current overlay method that is used as a result of Activision’s changes to the game.

Please refer to Oded’s message regarding a file-based solution

you can also refer to Oded’s message where he asks exact description for feature-request about quality which my last post made to answer on it:

I can open a feature request for file-based screenshots to have more control over compression, but I’ll need an exact description of what matters for those to make sure the feature fits.

Not sure what you mean by that, but your message did not specify what we need.

If you can fill a new feature request and detail a technical specification of what you exactly need from these screenshots, as well as anything else the form asks for it would help us start addressing your concern.

well, Oded suggested to help with requesting improving the current screenshot API, “I can open a feature request for file-based screenshots to have more control over compression”. I explained about “description of what matters”.
If you say that for some reason I should do this by myself I can do this by myself, no problem