Make the timing of the highlights be configurable

• Feature Description:
    We are trying to make a death cam feature so that users can view their death as an in-game overlay.
    The current replays API with the auto-capture game highlights has the past, future, and pending timings which are not changeable.
    Add a timing parameter to overwolf.media.replays.turnOn() so that we can customize the past, future, and pending timing.
  • impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].show-stopper
  • What is your current pain point?
    The pending time which by default is set to 12 seconds for some games make the death cam show up very delayed in-game and by that time the user might have been revived already or a new round started (Ex. Valorant, League).
  • What do you have in mind to solve it?
    We don’t have another solution at the moment.

Hi!
Sorry for the late reply - we went over this, and are in the process of working on a more permanent solution for this problem.
However, since it might take some time:
If you can make a list of specific games and timings you need to change for your use cases, we can try to help you specifically change those to work for your application, until the permanent solution is out!

Hi Oded!

We want the death cam feature to work for League of Legends and Valorant for now.

The death event timings we want for League is

"past": 8000,
"future": 1000,
"pending": 0

For Valorant,

"past": 4000,
"future": 1000,
"pending":0

The idea is to have the video ready to be viewable right away so the future timing is set to 1s with no pending time.

Noted!
I’ll pass this to the relevant people, and we’ll try to get it out when possible. There might be a few small complications though, so I can’t promise an ETA as of yet, but I’ll keep you updated as it progresses!

Hi!
Sorry for the late reply, here is an update of the current progress -
It has been decided for now to avoid changing the values globally for all highlights to the values mentioned above. This is specifically due to the fact that by removing the pending values, events that occur right after the death event will not be grouped into the clip. While this might be desirable for some apps, it could negatively impact many other apps.

That being said, the request for changing the highlight values on a per-app basis is still being handled, and we will update this thread with it once it’s done.