How to solve "Another app is using the replay service."

I have installed fuze.tv and it also capturing while playing the game. Is it possible to use replay service by multiple application or only one would be allowed.?
This is the log when fuze.tv installed .upon calling the stopCapture
overwolf.media.replays.stopCapture log:
{
“success”: false,
“status”: “error”,
“error”: “Another app is using the replay service.”,
“url”: “”
}
This is without Fuze.TV. only my application is capturing.
overwolf.media.replays.stopCapture log:
{
“success”: true,
“status”: “success”,
“url”: “overwolf://media/replays/SampleApp/VALORANT/VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826/VALORANT+03-08-2021+16-02-44-283.mp4”,
“path”: “C:\Users\spartan\Videos\Overwolf\SampleApp\VALORANT\VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826\VALORANT 03-08-2021 16-02-44-283.mp4”,
“encodedPath”: “file:///C:/Users/spartan/Videos/Overwolf/SampleApp/VALORANT/VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826/VALORANT 03-08-2021 16-02-44-283.mp4”,
“duration”: 8066,
“has_tobii_replay”: false,
“thumbnail_url”: “overwolf://media/thumbnails/SampleApp/VALORANT/VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826/VALORANT+03-08-2021+16-02-44-283.mp4”,
“thumbnail_path”: “C:\Users\spartan\Videos\Overwolf\SampleApp\VALORANT\VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826\Thumbnails\VALORANT 03-08-2021 16-02-44-283.jpg”,
“thumbnail_encoded_path”: “file:///C:/Users/spartan/Videos/Overwolf/SampleApp/VALORANT/VALORANT_03-08-2021_15-54-11-826/Thumbnails/VALORANT 03-08-2021 16-02-44-283.jpg”,
“start_time”: 1615199562780,
“secondary_videos”: null
}

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

Any update on this.?

Are you using the auto-highlights capture (“highlights”: true, enabled: true), or are you using a manual capture? It’s relevant as there should be no issues with two apps using the auto-highlights mode, but if one of the apps uses the manual method - that can be an issue.

I am not using auto highlights mode.
here is the setting:
“highlights”:
{
“enable”: false,
“requiredHighlights”: [“kill”]
}
I am using manual capture by using overwolf.media.replays.startCapture,stopCapture methods. Fuze.TV using auto capturing mode.
What is the solution for it.?

Unfortunately, if your app uses manual capture and has another app that uses auto-highlights, that is currently an issue, and we are not supporting it. In the future, we will add this feature, but it’s now not supported.

In your case, I recommend handling the errors with some notifications for the users or some similar issue. Or to check if some specific apps are installed, etc. I know, it’s a little bit of pain in the ***, but no hacks currently for that.

OMG. Is it? I would like to save the captured videos manually because I will have the more control to merge the videos in a single round of a match.

1. Currently Captured Video folder is getting created whenever the game starts and all the videos are getting saved there. Is there any way to store videos based on matches and rounds.(I mean each match will have there own folder and inside of each round has its own folder. So that I can merge the videos based on the events?
  2. Is there any issue when multiple replay services are running with auto heights mode.?( Will find videos in both application folder right.?)

Currently Captured Video folder is getting created whenever the game starts, and all the videos are getting saved there. Is there any way to store videos based on matches and rounds? (I mean, each match will have its own folder, and inside each round has its own folder? So that I can merge the videos based on the events?

Both capture APIs - streaming and reply, have the option to customize/use sub-folders. Search for the sub_folder_name property in the docs.

Is there any issue when multiple replay services are running with auto heights mode.? ( Will find videos in both application folders, right.?)

There should be no issues with that.

I understood that subfolder will get created based on the setting when ever the game starts. Is it possible to create a folder dynamically based on the round in the match(Valorant).?

You can probably achive that by calling overwolf.media.replays.turnOn() and overwolf.media.replays.turnOff() after each match. That will allow you to set a different sub_folder_name after each match.

How to control the buffer_length of the video with auto-highlights capture.?

When you call overwolf.media.replays.turnOn() with the auto-highlights feature enabled, you can set the xxx field of the overwolf.media.replays.ReplayHighlightsSetting Object to the requested capture buffer that is used for all the other functions. if you set a 3-minute buffer, you will capture game highlights not longer than this buffer.

I have turned on auto highlights mode and capturing by using overwolf.media.replays.capture method.
here is the log of this capture method:
{
** “success”: false,**
** “status”: “error”,**
** “error”: “Replay is already capturing. (UID]”**
}

private constructor() {
this._fortniteGameEventsListener = new OWGamesEvents({
onInfoUpdates: this.onInfoUpdates.bind(this),
onNewEvents: this.onNewEvents.bind(this)
},
interestingFeatures);
overwolf.media.replays.turnOn({
“highlights” : {
“enable” : true,
“requiredHighlights” : [“kill”] },
“settings” : {
“gif_as_video”: false,
“max_quota_gb” : 2,
“video” : {
“sub_folder_name” : “C:\Users\91994\Videos\Overwolf”,
“auto_calc_kbps”:true,
“fps” :30,
“width” :1920,
“height” : 1080,
“max_kbps” : 100,
“buffer_length”:3000,
“frame_interval”: 30,
“test_drop_frames_interval”:100,
“notify_dropped_frames_ratio”: 30,
“max_file_size_bytes” : 10000000,
“include_full_size_video” : false,
“override_overwolf_setting”:true,
“disable_when_sht_not_supported” : false ,
“indication_position”: overwolf.streaming.enums.IndicationPosition.BottomLeftCorner,
“indication_type”:overwolf.streaming.enums.IndicationType.DotAndTimer,
“use_app_display_name” : true
}
}
}, console.log);
}

private onNewEvents(e) {
const shouldHighlight = e.events.some(event => {
if(event.name == ‘kill’){
overwolf.media.replays.capture(2000, 2000, function(status){ overwolf.extensions.io.writeTextFile(overwolf.extensions.io.enums.StorageSpace.pictures,“capture”, JSON.stringify(status,null,2),
console.log);
} , console.log);
}
return event.name === ‘kill’|| event.name === ‘death’ || event.name === ‘headshot’
});
}

I think that it’s actually a duplicate of How to capture only highlights like kill,death. So I’m closing this one. Let’s continue the discussion on the other ticket.