LoL - live_client_data event not sending updates

Related Games: League
Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):
Issue Description: live_client_data event not registering/sending updates
Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch OW app, written to listen to in-game event updates
  2. Launch game
  3. Create custom game and start
  4. Observe in-game OW window launch, and observe no callback to onInfoUpdate and onNewEvents

Impact for my app: show-stopper
Do you currently have a workaround? no

Logs (since they’re very short, just pasting it in-line):

2020-09-06 15:30:51,803 (INFO) ================== new session ==================
2020-09-06 15:30:51,805 (WARN) (:1) - overwolf.settings.registerHotKey is deprecated. register to the overwolf.settings.hotkeys.onPressed event instead
2020-09-06 15:30:51,827 (INFO) </dist/b/eventAnalyzer.js> (:83524) - [ow-game-events] START
2020-09-06 15:30:51,840 (INFO) </dist/b/eventAnalyzer.js> (:83505) - setRequiredFeatures(): success: {
“success”: true,
“status”: “success”,
“supportedFeatures”: [
“live_client_data”
]
}
2020-09-06 15:30:51,850 (INFO) </dist/b/eventAnalyzer.js> (:83898) - onInfoUpdate

Expected behaviour is to see the console.log statements when onNewEvents and onInfoUpdates are called. The log you see is the initial one that is sent, per the sample app code. It’s also not possible that the app isn’t attaching the event listeners properly, because console.log statements are visible for “death” and “respawn” events.

Got it. I will check it tomorrow, though. Thanks for the patience!

Eran

Hey @eransharv,

Riot broke the live in-game API by changing the port 2999 to random port.

Here is how we can get the new port:

1. Run the commandline “tasklist” and catch the output.
  2. Split the lines, find the one that starts with “League of Legends.exe”
  3. Split the lines into words, get the second “word”. This is the PID, or process ID (should be a number).
  4. This should result in one or zero lines.
  5. Run the commandline “netstat -ano”, catch output.
  6. Split into lines, get only those that say “LISTENING” at the end, and contain the PID you’ve gotten earlier.
  7. This should contain 1 line. Get the second word (should be an address eg 127.0.0.1:3578)
  8. Make a GET request for “https:///liveclientdata/allgamedata”. It should return 200 OK.

We can use this method to fix the events, also please provide the port number in OW API.
Thanks

@uzi OK, we are on it. We are inspecting the best way to handle that. We will update when we release a fix. Thanks.

@uzi FYI we are preparing a fix. ETA - 1-2 days.

@Bilekill FYI

Cool thanks!
Can you also provide the random port number in OW API ?

@uzi can you please clarify: is it a critical requirement? What is the purpose?

We’re using Riot in-game API without it we cannot connect

1 Like

@tom.wolf @omerschapiro FYI

1 Like

@uzi GEP 156.0.0 was rolled out to 20% of our users .

• Fixed live_client_data
  • added the port.

@eransharv thank you! :slight_smile:

How can we access the port number?

https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-games-events-lol#live_client_data

@eransharv I know that custom game and PBE supports in-game live API, but I cannot find it under custom game. I didn’t test on PBE/normal game yet.
GEP version: 155.0.12

ohh now I see that you point out GEP version 156
the doc image is misleading

So all good?

live client data is working in custom. (example: Screenshot by Lightshot)

@uzi Please update us. If everything is working as expected, I will close the ticket.

@eransharv @Shargaas I tested it on custom and PBE, works perfect thank you guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes