[Teamfight Tactics] First "roster" update only contains one player

Related Games: TFT
Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): MetaTFT
Issue Description: When loading into game, previously the first roster update on the loading screen would contain all player names. Now it just contains the local player, with their name in single quotes (')
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Load into TFT game and check roster info updates
Impact for my app: Renders loading screen useless as the real roster doesn’t update until the game starts
Do you currently have a workaround? Can do lookups once the game starts, however this is too late for most people and significantly reduces the value of the loading screen

Please reproduce and attach a zip package of your OW client logs
OverwolfLogs_2021-11-04_22-02-51.zip (1.8 MB)

Example of incorrect line in logs (only one player name, in quotations):
2021-11-04 21:14:20,442 (INFO) </utils/InfoDBContainer.js> (:87) - [InfoDBContainer] UPDATING INFO (decoded): {“feature”:“roster”,“category”:“roster”,“key”:“player_status”,“value”:“{"‘Sivir Bot’":{"localplayer":true}}”}

Example of correct line (multiple player names, only once the game has started):
2021-11-04 21:14:26,484 (INFO) </utils/game_plugin.js> (:218) - [PLUGIN INFO] {“category”:“game_info”,“key”:“tft_roster”,“value”:"[{"summoner":"Issa Gankster", "index":"1", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"Moz", "index":"2", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"Kyreden", "index":"3", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"Monjiiro", "index":"4", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"dallekjaer", "index":"5", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"WonderBubble", "index":"6", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"Kalista Bot", "index":"7", "health":"100", "xp":"1", "localplayer":"0", "rank":"0"},{"summoner":"Sivir Bot", "index":"8", "health":"

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will check the issue and we will update you here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Guthers,

We just tried to reproduce this, and it did not occur to me. The roster was working as intended.
Can you please make sure that your OW is up to date and your game, then re-try to reproduce?
If you are succeeded - please provide the exact steps to reproduce and your logs.

Thanks.

Hi, I replied in slack - still experiencing this issue when loading into game.

Steps to reproduce:

• Load into TFT game (with other players).
  • Roster values should be updated on the start of the load screen
  • Instead, only a single name is reported in the roster
  • When the game actually begins (load screen ends), the roster behaves as it should

I notice there are 7 instances of this error that could correspond to the 7 other players during the load screen, in the game events log file:
2021-11-08 11:07:04,702 (ERROR) </games/lol/match_fetcher.js> (:466) - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘1’ of null

OverwolfLogs_2021-11-08_11-46-26.zip (1.5 MB)

Hey,

I’m attaching a plugin that helps us debug issues like this, i’d like you to use it in order to help us pinpoint this problem.

Please follow these instructions:

1. Take the dll file and copy it
  2. Open Overwolf settings
  3. Go to Support tab
  4. Click “Development Options”
  5. Click the UID under “Game Events Provider”
  6. Go to Plugins/32
  7. Paste it there, override the existing file.

Now just play tft regularly.
If you stumble upon this problem again, please immediately go to the following location:

C:\Users(Your PC)\AppData\Local\Overwolf\Log - and send us the ‘gep_plugin’ file.

(Better if you send your entire log folder).

Thank you!

gep_lol.zip (264.4 KB)

Attached is my log.zip folder. I had a quick look through the gep_plugin file and it seems like its working fine once the game loads, but isn’t sending a roster update on the load screen like it used to

Log.zip (1.5 MB)

We’ll open a bug on this to solve, but I unfortunately cannot give you an ETA for a fix, you’ll have to be patient with us.